Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Hello Ego

It's so funny how the ego wants to hold on to its authority. It can attract ways and means to soothe and boost itself to become important again.

For me, overcoming my ego is a constant work in progress. In a perfect world on a perfect day my day would start with morning meditations, a jog or a swim, a walk in my garden. However, most of my mornings are filled waking up with my hair on end, scrambling to get the kids awake, dressed and ready for the day, a quick coffee and then work.

I realize how important it is to centre and become still each day. It's not always possible in a household with kids and chaos. So here's what I try to do:

My son goes to sleep at around 9-10am, When I've put him to bed, I do Reiki precepts and the Hatsurei ho meditation. The energy I envelop myself with gives me energy for the day. I also like to "feel" a real connection to the spirit world and by doing energy work I feel this the most. I then vary my meditations. I either do an energy shower or some affirmations or just sit and invite my spirit guide to sit with me. Sometimes I have a question, sometimes I just still my mind. It helps listening to music and my favorite at the moment is Compassion with Tingsha. (I am not sure which version it is, I got it from my Reiki instructor).

My affirmations which I am working on at the moment include:

  • I am patience
  • I am understanding
  • I am learning
  • I am creative
  • I am good enough
  • I am exactly where I am suppose to be
  • I am healthy
  • My mind and body is healthy
  • I attract teachers into my life
For me it's a decision I have to make each day to become conscious. I've had many experiences where I experience the here and now, God, Jesus, my spirit guides - whatever you want to call them. But during a busy day these experiences tend to fade and we live in a physical dense world. I cannot lock myself in my house all day and meditate. I have to go out and deal with people, feel their energy, be careful that they don't affect my energy field and make decision based on ego or spirit.

One day I will look back on these posts and realize my soul is doing is effortlessly. For now, I am focusing on I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment